Sunday, 16 December 2007

Born To Die

On the night Christ was born
just before break of morn
As the stars in the sky were fading
O'er the place where He lay
fell a shadow cold and grey
Of a cross that would humble a king

Born to die upon Calvary,
Jesus suffered my sin to forgive.
Born to die upon Calvary,
He was wounded that I might live.

Jesus knew when He came,
He would suffer in shame
He could feel every pain and sorrow.
But he left Paradise
with His blood
My redemption to Jesus I owe.

From His throne Jesus came,
Laid aside Heaven's fame
In exchange for the cross of Calvary.
For my gain suffered loss,
For my sin he bore the cross
He was wounded and I was set free

Dearest Lord ever more
May thy Cross I adore
As I follow the path to Calvary.
Of thy death I partake;
My ambition I forsake,
All my will I surrender to thee.

One of my favorite song from Ron Hamilton (Album : Rejoice in The Lord), indeed. I think this song spell out really well the purpose of Christmas. Praise the Lord that He came to die in our place. What a GRACE!!! Happy Christmas to everyone.



No comments: