Tuesday, 13 May 2008

Don't forget to.... pray

I must admit that most of the time, I had undermined the power of prayer. When you had a good amount of savings, dual income, good place to stay, stable life, what would I need more? That's what happen years ago while I was in Singapore. My life is fairly.... decent and.... so perdictable. I still prayed and makes my request known of course, but, I wasn't really serious (or desperate) to get it heard. I mean, if God wasn't about to answer with a "yes" I still can work it out somehow. So who cares if God answer "no" or "not yet"?

I surely change that attitude since I've stranded in UK. Things is much harder to get here, even when you have quite a bit on your pocket to spend. I have to pray hard for almost anything, getting a decent place in college, getting an affordable house, a mortgage, a job, a church, you name it. When I say "pray hard" it doesn't mean I try to force God to grant my request. But rather, to ask God to give me wisdom to accept his plan of answering on my needs.

For the last couple of weeks we'd been praying for our mortgage to be approve. Which to me appear to be only 20% chance, yet God had make this 20% not only a chance but a reality. This morning, Yusdi and I had been praying about our car MOT, which frankly speaking never pass any single test without spending 150 GBP, fair enough for 10 year old car. But our God who can make human out of dust, just show us that He able to make our 10 year old car pass its MOT test.

1 Pet 5:6-7
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

2 comments:

agustina said...

Thanks for reminding me again, and again .. =)

J.H said...

Yes, I share this story to remind many of my christian fellow brethren whom reading my blog, that we serve... a GREAT God! What a previledge!