Friday, 5 December 2008

99 things you do

I am interested on the "challenge" sis tammy put on her blog. Anyway, this kind of relaxing after a day full of defect fixing. I'll be interested to read your answer too.

1) Started your own blog. (Of course, what do you think you are reading now?)

2) Slept under the stars. (Does camping counts?)

3) Played in a band. (Nope)

4) Visited Hawaii. (Errmm... may be when I've conquered Europe, South east asia & USA)

5) Watched a Meteor shower. (Yes, on the top of hall 10 during my university time!!)

6) Given more than you can afford to charity. (This doesn't sound like me at all....)

7) Been to Disneyland/world? (Yes!!! Tokyo disneyland and Disneyland Anaheim)

8) Climbed a mountain. (Uh-huh)

9) Held a praying Mantis? (Yes, many times, probably sort of abuse them without realising...)

10) Sang/Played a solo. (Most likely yes, can't remember specific occassion though)

11) Bungee Jumped. (Excuse me, did you say jumping?)

12) Visited Paris. (Not yet, my next destination)

13) Watched a lightning storm at sea. (Yeap, I lived by the sea)

14) Taught yourself an art from scratch. (I thought sleeping is an art)

15) Adopted a Child. (One is now enough to keep me occupied I'm afraid)

16) Had food poisoning. (Yeah, feel like I am going to die)

17) Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. (Are you sure we allowed to do that?)

18) Grown your own vegetables. (Is chilli a vegetable?)

19) Seen the Mona Lisa in France. (Not yet)

20) Slept on an overnight train. (Yes, Deutsche-bahn, they are brilliant)

21) Had a pillow fight. (Definetely!)

22) Hitch hiked. (Nope, but I've given lift to hitch-hiker a few times)

23) Taken a sick day when you are not ill. (Many times when I was young, whenever my parents wanted a longer holiday, they issued a sick letter to my school... mind you both of my parents are physician!)

24) Built a snow fort. (I came from Indonesia, snow fort sounded like noah ark there)

25) Held a lamb. (Touch a lamb yes, I am too small to held it that time)

26) Gone skinny dipping. (What is that????)

27) Run a Marathon. (Nope, not on this lifetime anyway).

28) Ridden in a gondola in Venice. (Why not try punting in Oxford-Cambridge? They are quite similar to gondola... hehehe)

29) Seen a total eclipse. (Yes)

30) Watched a sunrise or sunset. (Probably sunset, I am not an early riser)

31) Hit a home run. (Yeah! and it feels so good!)

32) Been on a Cruise. (Yes, and pretty much bored to death. Pretty much like trapped in floating hotel)

33) Seen Niagara Falls in Person. (Yes, however I only remember the stinky rain coat and getting wet)

34) Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. (Good question, who is my anchestor????)

35) Seen an Amish Community. (Not yet)

36) Taught yourself a new language. (Yeah, Japanese, but sort of forgotten now)

37) Had enough money to be truly satisfied. (Working on it....)

38) Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person. (Not yet, however I start to wonder why all the question sounded very western to me, why not Great wall of china?)

39) Gone rock Climbing. (Fence climbing yes, rock climbing no)

40) Seen Michelangelo's David in person. (Nope)

41) Sung Karaoke. (Yeaaahh.... :-))

42) Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. (I am guessing that this must be somewhere in Yellow stone)
43) Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant. (I am sure I am not this naive)

44) Visited Africa. (Finally first travel question outside Europe/America zone)

45) Walked on a beach by moonlight. (Yes....)

46) Been transported in an ambulance. (As I mentioned before, my parents is physician, and to be precise my mom is the head of Emergency Room in village hospital. So, if no one else can pick me up from school, the ambulance will come and fetch me)

47) Had your portrait painted. (Yes, my husband like to do this)

48) Gone deep sea fishing. (I don't exactly like fishing)

49) Seen the Sistine Chapel in person. (Huh?)

50) Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. (Not yet)

51) Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. (Yes, the best experience ever!!)

52) Kissed in the rain. :-)

53) Played in the mud. (Oh yes, that was fun)

54) Gone to a drive-in theater. (I had no clue what is drive in theater, I know walk in theater)

55) Been in a movie. (Yeah)

56) Visited the Great Wall of China. (FINNALLY!! you ask that question. Nope, I had never been)

57) Started a business. (Yeah....)

58) Taken a martial arts class. (I wish I have time)

59) Visited Russia. (Sure, if someone want to sponsor me)

60) Served at a soup kitchen. (Not sure what this question mean?!?!)

61) Sold Girl Scout Cookies. (What kind of cookies is that?)

62) Gone whale watching. (Not yet, will do the next time we visit New Zealand)

63) Gotten flowers for no reason. (Yeah)

64)Donated blood, platelets or plasma. (Nope, I am a hep-B carrier)

65) Gone sky diving. (Nope, it's very expensive!)

66) Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp. (Nope, never. I will never did something so depressing like this one my holiday)

67) Bounced a check. (Mmm... not yet)

68) Flown in a helicopter. (Yeah, very noisy, hardly can talk to my granny)

69) Saved a favorite childhood toy. (I had no favorite toy)

70) Visited the Lincoln Memorial. (Is that in UK or US?)

71) Eaten caviar. (Nope, is that taste lake ikura on Japanese sushi?)

72) Pieced a quilt. (Again, I don't need a quilt, it's 29-32 Celcius all year round)

73) Stood in Times Square. (Nope)

74) Toured the Everglades. (Nope)

75) Been fired from A job. (Not fired, but made redundant yes)

76) Seen the Changing of the Guards in London. (Nah)

77) Broken a bone. (Thankfully nope)

78) Been on a speeding motorcycle. (Yeah, everytime I went to school)

79) Seen the Grand Canyon in person. (Yes, plus snowing too!)

80) Published a book. (Don't think so, I am not a good writer)

81) Visited the Vatican. (One day probably)

82) Bought a new car. (Never, I believe car is the worst investment buying them new, I always buy used car)

83) Walked in Jerusalem. (Ermm, probably not, not until Jesus came anyway, I am too afraid getting killed).

84) Had your picture in the newspaper. (Just a name, no picture)

85) Read the entire Bible. (Yes)

86) Visited the White House. (Nope, probably if President Obama invited me)

87) Killed and prepared an animal for eating. (Never! Even if you pay me a consultant salary!)

88) Had chickenpox. (Yes when I was 6 month )

89) Saved some one's life. (Is leading someone to Jesus counts?)

90) Sat on a Jury. (Luckily no)

91) Met someone famous. (Yeah, now it's depends who you called famous :-))

92) Joined a book club. (Anime/Manga club yes... but not books with no picture)

93) Lost a loved one. (Yeah)

94) Made a baby. (You can see one cheeky monkey on my blog as the result)

95) Seen the Alamo in person. (Is that the owner of a car rental company?)

96) Swam in the Great Salt Lake. (One day if the Lord willing)

97)Been involved in a law suite (I deal with lawyer but no lawsuit)

98) Owned a cell phone. (Yeah, even mine already look like TV remote control... in fact TV remote control is much nicer)

99) Been stung by a bee. (Yes, and he was a dead bug in few secs!!)

6 comments:

MaryAnn Ashley said...

That was fun... I was stung by a bee trying to save it in a swimming pool. Learned my lesson.

Sis. Tammy said...

I enjoyed reading your answers. #95 was hilarious. I laughed myself silly over that one!!!! Your a hoot. Talk about a culture difference. As for the skinny dippin' thing? That means you go swimming without your clothes!!!!!

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I don't think I could complete that list myself! haha Very long.....although I did learn some neat things about you :)

p.s. Thanks to Y.S. for accolades!

Stardust said...

It's an art!! It is! Re : #14.

Oh... is #64 bad? Hope that nothing's serious...

Liss said...

I love reading these. I find peoples answers so interesting. I had chicken pox only 18 months ago. They were really bad, I had not a spare piece of skin for another dot on my body. covered from head to toe. I looks so horrible and felt worse.

J.H said...

hi maryann,
oh dear, I hope nothing serious! Can't believe it, I stung by bee once and remember it for a lifetime!

Tammy,
I beg your pardon?

Wayfaring,
this proof how bored I was in office

Stardust,
#64 is bad, but nothing serious really :-)

Liss,
yes I heard chix-pox is really bad when you get it as an adult, but glad you are all well now :-)