Wednesday, 10 December 2008

Another 'too close for comfort' moment

I am always gladly surprised when I look back at how God has blessed me even when I was oblivious. This is another hidden blessing that I do not realize until today. 

I was employed by Adaptec Singapore before we left for the UK. This was August 2005. It was an OK job I suppose. The pay was good and the work was quite interesting. Everything seemed to run well with the company.

I was shocked to discover this press release when I was trying to update my CV today.

Sanmina-SCI today said it would sign a multi-year deal to build PC peripherals for Adaptec Inc. As part of the deal, Sanmina will also take over certain Singapore manufacturing assets and inventory from Adaptec. The deal is expected to close in January, although no financial terms were announced.
Under the agreement, Sanmina-SCI will build data protection, connectivity and storage products for Adaptec. Adaptec will take charges of up to $6 million to cover severance to its Singapore employees.


The news was dated 23rd December 2005, merely 4 months after I left. Thank God that I left before they start retrenching. I wonder what happened to my colleagues....

5 comments:

MaryAnn Ashley said...

It is always amazing to see what God is doing... it's going to blow our minds one day to see all the behind the scenes stuff

Liss said...

I believe if things are meant to be they will be.

Parlin-Artha-Axel said...

You can only connect the red dot looking backward, and by connecting the red dot you know how wonderful God's work in our live. It's really amazing how God's work goes beyond our plan and even our imagination or dream...

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Hey J,

Hope you're having a great weekend! Please forward me you address so that I can send you the 'green' giveaway reusable tote!

J.H said...

hello everyone,
I apologise for not blogging for awhile. I am buried in work and try to get well asap at the same time.

Wayfaring, can you email me at jessica_halida@yahoo.com? I'll reply your email straight away!