Saturday, 31 January 2009

Frame it.

Last christmas when we were visiting the McLeans house for Christmas fellowship, I saw this cute little thing.
mcLean2
Apparently, the McLean has a tradition of hanging their picture on the Christmas tree, one picture to represent certain year. So this one were taken when they just have their first child. Mmm....I thought that quite a neat idea.

Having said that, I decide to take a picture of it. And then I came with other idea : Why don't make the photo as a frame for another photo? With a little GIMP-ing I came out with this....
pic1
I figure out that selecting a picture that goes with the frame is actually much harder than GIMP it to replace the McLean's picture. And even though I am not 100% happy with my selection (it looks too goth to be part of chirstmas picture) I let it slip becase I am way too sleepy now.

10 comments:

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I think it looks great!! Very creative of you :)

sharilyn said...

i think it's lovely... and i would say "elegant" rather than "goth"... : ) love the frame, too! (by the way, perhaps i'm lame, but what is GIMP?)

MaryAnn Ashley said...

Great idea & image. I have a friend who also does this year after year, and her tree is a treat to look at.

Ellena said...

Wow.. Jesicca,

This look great!!! How did you managed to do this? I love the contrast, and the photo doesn't seems to be a replacement photo.. You have done a great job!!!!

J.H said...

hi sharilyn,
GIMP is a free version of Photoshop. Try it, it absolutely handy www.gimp.org :-)

Liss said...

What a beautiful idea. Really clever of you to hange the photo to one of your family too.

Stardust said...

I thought it's really very beautiful!

J.H said...

hi everyone,
wow, glad everyone likes it :-)

Cath J said...

LOL.. Thats Nice! Thanks for sharing! Nice blog you have here.. ;-)

juskawaime said...

Nice touch, Jessica!! =D