Thursday, 26 February 2009

The art of photography

I saw this cool video first time over "Maryann Koh" web blog. She is another avid photographer with inspiration and creativity. Thanks for sharing this maryann... now I am going to share it with the rest of my blog reader.

You might have notice that the video is actually consist of frames of pictures from a camera (which I heard hanged from the ceiling). Now, if any of you THINK of making the similar production. Let me know. I am just so in love with this video, but I don't think I have the strength and time to create something as creative :-)

4 comments:

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

It's called stop motion animation. Funny we both posted this video!

Char said...

isn't it the most beautiful thing? I've seen it on so many blogs lately as everyone seems to be in love with it.

sharilyn said...

wow. that was AMAZING! talk about patience and creativity!!! thanks for sharing...it's a wonderful piece!!

sharilyn said...

Jessica, from the YouTube of this video, i found a link to find out facts about the making, and i thought you might enjoy these tidbits:
Fun Facts:
* The video was shot all stills - roughly 3225 still photos for the entire video, using one camera, hanging from the ceiling for the main body of the movie.
* It took 4 weeks before shooting to create an animated computer generated storyboard for the video, with 3d dummies for the characters.
* It took only 2 days of shooting for the live actors on set to re-create the 3.5 minutes computer sequence, frame by frame.