Tuesday, 24 February 2009

Let's be reminded

Apologise for had not been updating recently. There is a simple reason behind this.... "Nothing exciting happening" and therefore I just don't know what to updates. My pastor and one of the man in the church are up in States now, so for a good few weeks all my weekends are quite occupied. However, a change from routine can be quite refreshing.
I chatted with my parents a lot every weekend, I guess they are missing their only beloved grandson whom they seen probably only once a year. The weather has grown milder, and we are so ready for spring. Here is some picture we took in our carpark.print5
Diverting a little bit.
Today I am reminded of this : Be Thankful for what you've got!
In the turmoil of the economic crisis (read : credit crunch) it can be very hard to be thankful. All the front pages of newspaper announcing job cuts, poverty, repossesion, etc. Some of your friends share a story that they had lost their job or experiencing financial difficulties. And don't add to the distress when you know your company too, struggling to survive and your job is at stake.

But nothing is new under the sun. The history just repeat itself.
Let's face it, human (unlike elephant) often forgets, that as much as a lot of bad things happens during our lifetime, there are quite a lot of good things as well.... which we often take it for granted.

A lot of us have a good health, have enough to eat and have a roof on the top of our head, yet we grumble about job security, pay rise, can't afford holiday, cramped house, need a new clothes, etc. While all these are a very relative measurement (depends on who you compared with, you might appear less or more fortunate than others) it's important to remember we all didn't deserve all these.
print7.jpg
Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men! (Psalm 31:19)
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. (Psalm 144:2)
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. (Psalm 23:6)
print3
I shall remember all this picture capture all the blessing I need in the world. Something that I had never deserve, but God has given them to me.

Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! (Psalm 107:15)

5 comments:

MaryAnn Ashley said...

There is a lot to get lost in or be anxious for... but we do serve a God that knows our needs better than we do, and He is faithful.

Sis. Tammy said...

Many times if we just stop and take the time to start thanking the Lord for our blessings, our so called complaints look very petty in comparison.

One of my favorite passages of scripture is Psalms 103:1-14. How can we find so much fault when God has given us sooooo much good? I reckon it has to do with this old wicked flesh that we have to carry around all the time, but one day we won't have that battle anymore!!

Hallelujah! Amen! Praise the Lord!!!

sharilyn said...

excellent post, jessica!! love the pictures! especially that second one--his expression is delightful! we are well and truly blessed!

Liss said...

Nice to see the sun shining for you.

I think we all sometimes just want life to be a litter easier. As it does come with it's fair share of problems but we as humans can tend to focus on the negative more so the positive.

Stardust said...

Oh yes dear, I'm well reminded, thanks to what you've shared. I'm reminded that in times of adversity, we do not walk alone for God is with us. Like MaryAnn said, we serve a God who knows our needs more than we do, and He is faithful.