Monday, 9 March 2009

Let's try action photography

Sorry, I really lost mood to update my blog lately (and partially being taken away by the second NTU suicide case in less than a week. Can't imagine my former university being famous for a wrong reason). I've been waiting for the daffodils to bloom and I'll promise some picture of Blenheim Palace. Meanwhile, here is another tiny project I tried on weekend.
action
Last week I did a bit of experiment and took a plunge to try a new style of photo skills. Action photography! Even though the result is quite amateurish, but I guess I am not too bad for first timer.action2
Hopefully someone with better skill can help to give me some tips for to improve my ability :-)

12 comments:

MaryAnn Ashley said...

They look great. You may have tried spot metering to get the right exposure on your subject. Fun.. fun.

Sorry to hear about the NTU tragedy. I'm a bit gloomy too with our President funding embryonic stem cell research, when our economy is tanking so terribly.

Thank God, "He" is in charge and not someone I elected back in November.

Stardust said...

The 2nd shot is awesome!! Well done!

sharilyn said...

i think you did a great job! especially for a first attempt! look at that splash of water...lovely! a great capture! and i love the detail of the bird's wings in the first shot. very nice.

Cath J said...

Love the pictures.. It wasn't easy I know... Yu doing great...with the water splash all...Ohh very nice..

Stardust said...

Oh dear, the new header is stunning!

J.H said...

hi maryann,
I had no clue about spot metering, is there a special device I should use?

I guess history just repeat itself, there is a good leader and there is a bad one. We just need to continue to pray for him

J.H said...

hi everyone, thanks for the complement, I do need to improve a lot on this.

Stardust,
yeah, I feel like summer now... :-)

MaryAnn Ashley said...

To answer your question about spot metering...

There is a light meter in your camera, and it defaults to take the light from the entire frame and chooses the right exposure. With spot metering, you can choose your subject and the light on it & around it to determine the right exposure for the specific subject.
The settings usually look like different sized circles in a square. Hope that was helpful.

stay-at-home mum said...

Hi JH
Thanks for coming by my blog. I think your photos are awesome!!
I am really bad with my camera -e ven tho its one of those point and shoot ones :P

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Those are AWESOME! It is not easy taking photos of moving subjects, especially BIRDS!

Nirmala said...

Jess!
I bumped into your blog through the superb pics you post on facebook! What a delight to see your pictures :)) I am a true fan now!!

J.H said...

Nirmala,
Welcome... well thanks for the compliment, we hope to see you more here :-)