Sunday, 3 May 2009

Is WHITE boring?

I had a great time yesterday meeting up with an indonesian friend that I get to know from Facebook. They drove from miles away to spend a quality time with us, chatting and fellowshiping around good Indonesian home-made food! (Thanks to my friend who is a good cook). That's exactly what I need to rejuvenate myself after a major overhaul in office.
I even managed to meet some secondary and elementary school friends in facebook. Sometimes, I can be amazed (and frightened at the same time) to see how much facebook "knows" you, or how much people can find out things about you in internet. Just google your name, and you know what I mean.
Anyway, tomorrow I am planning to do some retail therapy (read : window shopping) in Milton Keynes.... perfect!

The other weekend we went to a small memorial park in Kettering. To my surprise they have such a wonderful cluster of tulip. So, here is tulip picture as promised.

There are purple ones....
tulip2
Red ones...
tulip8
White ones....
tulip6
And more red ones.... (I didn't take a picture of the pink one for dont't know what reason).
tulip3
And one happy boy!
tulip4
tulip7
But the one that capture my attention a lot is the white Tulip. Oh well, they are not white really, but rather off-white and cream.
But to many people, a lot of the time white flower is quite boring. People rather see a blue, purple, pink, yellow or red rather than white.
tulip5
I used to think that way too. Until I see something like this. A white loner tulip in a middle of purple sea. Don't you think this made the white colour stand out?
tulip
I reckon, we as believer (or Christian), need to be just like this. Being different from the crowd and separated from the wickedness of the world so that your "white"ness of Christ stand out.




Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

bluebells21a
Sometimes, being different can be good!
(I didn't photoshop/GIMP this, honestly there is a white-blue-bells!!)

6 comments:

Laura said...

I think white is very classic and beautiful especially when you add some color to the background. Thank you for sharing these wonderful pics with us.

Char said...

beautiful shots - I like white but it different and more serene to me.

sharilyn said...

lovely! and yes, we believers need to be reflecting the perfect white purity and grace of our Saviour in the midst of this world! wonderful insight and beautiful photos! :)

AG said...

no, white is not boring at all. I love white flowers more than other colours :p btw, what made josie looks sooooooooo extremely happy there? haha

Liss said...

photos of white folowers are only boring when over exposed.

Your photos are exposed perfectly and are a joy to look at.

J.H said...

@Laura & Liss : That's true... and that's what I just discovered today.

@Char & AG : I agree, now I love white flowers too!

@Sharilyn : God bless you my sister, and thanks for sharing sooo many insight on your blog too!