Saturday, 9 May 2009

It is not all about sadness

Sorry, every now and then this blog will share a "little" bad news. Actually, it wasn't a "little" bad news, but I just don't want to sound all negative. Our grandma (from my husband's side) was found to have lung cancer just about few days ago. She is in her early ninty, and so her children had agreed not to treat the cancer with surgery because of her age.
There is big buldge of heaviness when I receive the news. But I knew it's probably harder for my husband, his brothers or his father to accept this rather than me. I am merely an outsider who met her just twice in her long life.
blenheim20
But as the title of the blog said, it is not all about sadness. She is a true born again Christian. Her light shines so strong, that I even know it from our very short encounter. And even though now we are thousand miles away from her, but we had a sure promise (not "hopefully" or "probably"), that we shall be reunited in Jesus one great day!

I am glad she won't fear death, she won't fear hell, she won't need purgatory, she won't need a priest, she won't worry about how much good work she had done, she won't be worry about how much sin she had made, because Christ has settle her debt, and become a ransom for her sins, and now ALL of her transgression is forgiven! Praise the Lord.
One of the saint of God will soon come home.

2 Timothy 1:10
But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel

Revelation 1:18
I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

1 Corinthians 15:55
O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
blenheim19
When my lifework is ended,
and I cross the swelling tide,
When the bright and glorious morning I shall see;
I shall know my Redeemer when I reach the other side,
And His smile will be the first to welcome me.

Oh, the dear ones in glory,
how they beckon me to come,
And our parting at the river I recall;
To the sweet vales of Eden they will sing my welcome home;
But I long to meet my Savior first of all.


6 comments:

Kahshe Cottager said...

This is a difficult time ... I am glad she had such a long and full life before she became ill.

Sis. Tammy said...

We will be praying for you all and for your family back home. Maybe, through her testimony, the Lord will draw more of your family to Himself during these next few months. We will be praying for this.

Because He Lives,
Tammy

Ling That's Me said...

Your grandma is a blessed woman, because she has her loved ones to be by her side.

Liss said...

I am sorry to here your sad news. I thought your post was a very lovely tribute.

J.H said...

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to all the prayers and well wishes.
We surrender back the matter in God's powerful hand. Let His perfect will be done in our Grandmother's life.

Char said...

beautiful thoughts - I hope she is peaceful and calm and does not have a lot of pain.