Wednesday, 6 May 2009

PROMISE

Do you remember the last time when your friends or loved ones broke their promise?
Do you remember the disappointment?
Do you remember how long it took for you to restore your trust in them?
On the other hand, do you ever broke a promise to someone?

Today, I was talking through Yahoo Messenger with Phenny. She is an Indonesian who has been seeking for job in Singapore. I read her blog and understood her problem. She can't get a PR because she has no job, and no employer wanted to hire her because she had no PR/right to work. But... after months of waiting, everything has work for good. Not only she'll get a PR, she'll get a husband!
There are times that we think even GOD broke His promise. But fortunately, He never brake His promise. He is just wait for the "right timing". His help never come too late or too soon, but always "on time".

Hebrews 10:23
Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; for he is faithful that promised;

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1 John 2:25
And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.



Update :
Well, this blog probably missing something for quite awhile.

A personal touch.

It's been ages since I wrote something meaningful about what I think or what happened in detailed manner. So, I suppose I'll do it today.

Yesterday, arriving at home, as usual my son remove his shoes and remove his jumper. Usually he'll throw it down to the floor and rush in for his Thomas (it's not a pet in case you are wondering, it's a TRAIN...) But yesterday, he remove his shoes and place it unto the shoe rack, and then remove his jumper and head to the kitchen where the coat hanger was.

I am quite surprised.

First because he had a good habit. Second is because this is an indication of growing independency.... which sometimes I hesitantly accept as a mother, I want him to be cuddly and depend on me all the time. I can't help to think that ONE DAY, he'll get married and left me...
(what a thought!! probably in 25 years I'll change my mind).

But seriously, when you come to think about it, children copies things you do, not things you said. Both me and my husband is not a tidy person. In Indonesia you have "Bibik" or "Siti" who did it for you (maid). This is another draw back of having in house maid. I am glad that in western countries, the government made it all possible for a working mum like me never to need any help from maid. There always be a nursery, childminder, part time cleaner, if you ever need them. It will do the same trick as maid minus all the drawback.

But, few months ago we came to an agreement that we must start this habit somewhere, or else my son will grew up the same way. And it works! He start to clean up his toys, put away his railway tracks, he even clean up his bath tub after bath.
This went quite well with daily devotion as well. We'd been struggling to have him sit down listen to bible stories, pray, and go to bed. But once he get into this habit, he always ask for bible stories before bed. He'll be tuck into his warm bed, holding his bottle of warm milk while his dad read out the book.

Brilliant.

And oh yes, we'd finally booked our air-ticket back home. So few days before Christmas we'll be heading to Jakarta and Denpasar (Bali), with a few days stop in Hongkong!!! Another holiday :-)
And guess the ticket was only 470 GBP a piece... isn't that a deal?
I just wished Cathay Pacific endorsed me with some money by saying all this.

5 comments:

Joanna Tang said...

Ya, we must trust in God, for he will never abandon us nor disappoint us, thought we r all sinners.

Stardust said...

Hey hey, I'm just back from a Golden Week holiday in Jap.

Yes, broken promises can be shattering. Warmth sets in when I learnt that Phenny is truly blessed by the Lord. I've always loved hearing stories of His great love.

You should be proud of your child for performing great without having being told! Impressive!

J.H said...

@Joanna : I hope you'll remember His promise when you feel down. I read your blog and I can really feel the struggle. I hope God gives you the strength to move on!

@Stardust : hi babe, I am waiting for your blog entry, I hope you have a good break!

AG said...

sayang elo ga sempet mampir sini je, hiks... (T T) kalo ga josie, bisa ketemu sama si dede kecil, hehe

J.H said...

@AG : Tenang...tenang, kalo kita ketemu mah cuman a matter of time :-)