Wednesday, 24 June 2009

Britain Countryside - Introduction

I am taking a break from blogging about my travel pictures now. I still have loads more on that to catch up... and I guess I am getting weary on editting and sorting thousands of them. Right, so this is for a change.
cotonmanor2
After going back from Greece, we are now start to realise how beautiful Britain countryside is. While Greece are generally dry and barren and full of dry grass.
Britain, on the other hand, is covered with saturated-green-pastures and full of flowery bushes.
cotonmanor5b
Britain is proud to have 49 designated Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, 40 National Scenic Areas, 14 National Parks and an amazing 27 World Heritage Sites, 5 of which have World Heritage status due to their outstanding natural features.
And here is one of them...
cotonmanor
Welcome to Coton Manor, Northamptonshire.
This time of the year, the roses are budding and blooming like it never before, so we paid our annual visit to see more of it.
cotonmanor4
The lovely scent as we enter the park is undescribe-able. It's truly like walking in other world.
cotonmanor7
cotonmanor6
You can see ducks, chicken and flamingo wandering about in the park as it owns quite a view water features.
cotonmanor12
The manor also have loads of other type of flower. You can see more of them on our old entry last year when we visited the park at about the same time of the year.
cotonmanor3
cotonmanor8
And my favorite, lilac poppies.
cotonmanor9
cotonmanor10
But most of all, the park is famous for...
flowermeadow10
The flower meadow full of ox-eye daisy and buttercup.
I promise that you'll see more of it few days to come.

9 comments:

**WE BLOG ARTISTS** said...

Thank you for passing by our blog...your blog is truly wonderful...some very beautiful pictures...I look forward to coming back with a cup of tea and browsing through your travels!
Char

Mei Teng said...

I have never been to UK but I love the British countryside. Beautiful blooms. Especially the peach coloured rose!

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

What lovely grounds. I adore the bushes growing along the sides of the buildings!

Char said...

gorgeous!!! love your shots

those poppies are just beautiful

Grey Street Girl said...

That rose shot is amazing! Britain is gorgeous - I so want to visit!

Stardust said...

Whatever you're sharing honey, I'm loving em all!

I LOVE UK's countryside, and any places generous with flowers and greenery. I'm never sick of them. =D

Thank you for this beautiful sharing.

J.H said...

Hi everyone,
Thank you for all your comments and time to stopping by. I hope next week I'll be able to visit and share more country side pictures :-)

Cath J said...

Beautifulllll!!!!!

MK mummy said...

very nice pictures. Perhaps I shld make a trip there soon.