Sunday, 28 June 2009

Moon rise

Just as I say on the previous entry : To many people, experiencing sunset in Santorini is definetely a must. However, I believe there is something else that is worth a waiting for in Santorini.

Moon rise.

oia11
I can stand in awe for hour looking at the moon reflection on the still water. Watching the city gleaming red, blue and yellow. It's simply... beautiful!
moonrise4
moonrise3
With long exposure....
moonrise2
With shorter exposure....
moonrise
To add more credit to the creator, I should say that the scenery was so good that I've decided to left all the pictures in this entry uneditted, not even white balance or saturation.

9 comments:

Grey Street Girl said...

These are great! I really love the second one with the moonlight reflected in the water.

Natasha de Bell said...

aw.. keren

Cath J said...

Awwww..... beautiful.... Normal camera can't get those scenery ;-D

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

They don't NEED any editing! They are magnificent! Truly :)

Sis. Tammy said...

looks very romantic.

Mei Teng said...

The night shots are beautiful. Did you shoot this on a tripod?

I am planning to invest in a good one soon.

Stardust said...

Another must catch at Santorini! Did you actually plan your holiday carefully so that you'll catch the moonrise? Fantastic pictures!

J.H said...

@Mei Teng : yes, I was carring 15 cm pocket tripod! I'll share the info about it soon.

@Stardust : it wasn't exactly planned. But we are so blessed to catch the moon rise in Acropolis, Mykonos and Santorini :-)

MK mummy said...

beautiful, breathtaking view.