Sunday, 19 July 2009

Poppies

poppy20
Now that summer is officially here, we are about to see loads more wildflower meadow putting on their display. On this time of the year, poppies are one of the prime beauty queen in many fields. Unfortunately, farmer generally does not like them and consider them as weed.
poppy19
Fortunately for me, just about 50m from my office I can enjoy a man made wild-flower meadow (not so wild anymore). Whereby you can see different kinds of poppies.

Red ones...
poppy
poppy6
poppy7

Pink ones....
poppy10
poppy9

Purple shades...
poppy2

Rose looked alike...
poppy15
poppy14

Lilac ones...
poppy4

Field full of them....
other2
Isn't that lovely? This remind me of a bible verse :
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse [Roman 1:20]
poppy3
poppy13
poppy11
poppy8

Now, I have a perfect lunchmate. A sandwich and a beautiful meadow.

p.s : I purposely did not add my blog name on the bottom of the picture so that anyone who has been asking about desktop wallpaper can simply download them :-)

5 comments:

Stardust said...

Catch! Thanks for so much poppy love. =)

Char said...

sooooooooooo gorgeous - you're so lucky to be near all of this beauty

Liss said...

I wish such a beautiful meadow existed near my work place.

These are lovey and would make a wonderful screen saver. I might have to test one out :)Thanks

Mei Teng said...

What a lovely field of poppies!

Maggie and Mitch said...

You are making our mom smile very much! Poppies are her very favorite flower! Each picture is prettier than the last one!
Thank you so much!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch