Wednesday, 16 September 2009

Be still

It was a pretty saturday evening. From a distance, I heard my husband and my son giggling noise and excitement voice in the bathroom, I also heard some occassional splashing and "NO" being shouted.

Laying in my bed. I smiled.

The air was fresh and clear, the road beside our apartement had gone quiet, our upstair neighbour seems to be out too....well, a usual quiet saturday night in my house.

I opened my window, and there it is... the sun having her farewell party in the sky. Another beautiful day just ended. It's a lot has been going on for the last few weeks.
nite
In the stillness of the night, these few weeks episode flashing clearly on my mind. I was still feeling at loss that our dear friend, Jacob and Grace, had to stay put in Singapore regardless the success of getting admitted in MBA course. Apparently, God has a different plan for them.
I believe our loss here will be a blessing somewhere else. Few days ago was suppose to be the day that we all reunited again here in UK.

My weariness grew more as I remember about my husband's visa which will expire soon. I definetely hate dealing with UK Border Agency.

"Ah, It was not AS important". I was telling myself.
I was thinking about two friend of mine whose marriage was in a wreck, and both of them has been telling me the misery. I was thinking about our missionary friend who just lost their youngest son on road accident a week ago. About 3 weeks ago I receive the the good news that my sister in law was expecting. However, they just lost their baby 2 days ago.

I simply lost words.

On the other hand, my grandfather situation has not yet improve.

I sighed. There is so many load of life.
Suddenly, a verse appear on my memory...

"Be still, and know that I am God"
(Psalm 46 : 10a)

nite2

I feel the rush of peace and comfort. Yes, I almost forgotten. Many times I was in such a hurry to tell God loads of my hope and expectation. Many times my prayer was just pleading to God, requesting Him to take out all of my problem in life.
But have I give Him a chance to speak to me?

13 comments:

SJ said...

nice sunset shot! =)

Liss said...

Oh Jessica, so much pain is such a short time. It's really had to make sense of loss at times. I can only suggest that things happen for a reason even if we don't know why. I think sometime god needs the right people by his side to help with his work load. He now has another 2 angles on his team.

Cher said...

i'm so sorry to hear all the bad news... yes, pls be still and feel God's love amidst all the adversities life is throwing you. i will be here with you in prayers. you're right, praying is not always telling Him how we need Him so much but Him telling us to be still and listen to His messages.

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Just a note to thank you for stopping by my blog. You have a lovely blog as well and seem to have a heart for God......a real blessing!

Cath J said...

The last paragraph is hitting me too.. ^_^

J.H said...

thank you for everyone who leaving a comment! I really appreciate that :-)
I guess, I might take a little break in blogging for few days. But not too worry, I still will be stalking as usual!

Aubrey said...

Hi! First, thank you so much for your comment and for visiting my blog! Also, you are a talented artist with the camera...feel free to critique mine;)

I'm sorry to hear about your losses! I'm so glad that in God's plan and wisdom all things work together for our good. I pray for you and your husband and may God send special blessings your way!

AG said...

Just drop by to give you a hug, je.. like what u always do to me =)
*HUGSSSS*

Natasha de Bell said...

Gw suka ayat itu "Be still, and know that I am God"
(Psalm 46 : 10a)
God will make away for you. Believe on Him always.

betchai said...

love your pictures J.H. i love your message and words, hope all will be well.

J.H said...

I would like to thank everyone again for the kind encouragement.
Things are starting to look up at the moment (praise the Lord!).

Meanwhile, I am busy with my other project to create free wallpaper (everyone welcome to join), you can see our new blog at kjvchristianwallpapers.blogspot.com

Ayie said...

sometimes we have toembrace the quietness of the surrounding and feel God within us. So many trials and troubles may come but God will be there to keep us through the dark times.

Stardust said...

Hi sister, sorry to hear that grandpa is still not getting better and all those depressing news... But then, it's true, be still and know that He is God.

Recently, there are a few things laying on my mind too and I certainly am not sure... where the purpose and reason behind lies, but then I'm totally gathered again, becos I know that He is in control, and I just have to be still...

His grace be with you.