Wednesday, 7 October 2009

Goodbye, never comes easy

Probably some of you have notice that I didn't blog as often this day.
So many things happened a lot last week, and I just don't know where to start.

In my plan, at this very moment I would be sitting in my flight seat together with my son. Looking forward to see my family, my extended family and my grandfather who has been bedridden this past few weeks. It would have been a sweet short 5 days reunion trip, even with excruciating long 17 hour flight one way it would have been worthed just to see my grandfather for the last time, alive and smiling.

My human plan and wisdom fail me. On that bright monday morning I receive news from my parents that my grandfather has passed away.

I looked at my packed stack of stuff I plan to bring home, a little something for my mom, and I look at the stack of pictures that I never get a chance to show. My mind quickly recall the moments I share lots of laugther, playing chase, hide and seek, or even deep serious conversation with my grandfather. On the peak of his days he is so fortunate to own many things that any other man will crave for, not only love and happiness but includes financial blessing and respect.
I remember my grandparents like to spend time travelling just two of them after all their children had their own family. I definetely own some of his traveller blood :-)

Sometimes, it hard to believe that such a prominent man will ever be forgotten as the time past and the generation goes. Isn't that life like a soap bubble?
rockingham15
It may look colourful, light and enchanting. You just want to stand and amazed how beautiful it is. But... it only last for a very short while. So is human life, together with all it's glamour and fame.

It's all very short compared to eternity and all will be forgotten in time.
rockingham14
So, why don't we invest on something that last for eternity?

Luke 13:22
Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.


15 comments:

HOPE said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your dear G'father's passing. I pray that knowing other's care and will pray comfort you at this time.

Indeed life passes much to quickly for us to even comprehend..and how much more important to prepare for eternity.

I just posted on my THIS IS THE DAY...My heart is fixed...

stablished in truth and trust in the LORD.

God bless you with comfort and strength and sweet memories of your loved one.

HOPE~

Ayie said...

so sorry to hear about your grandpa, but at least he's outof pain or suffering now...he can rest peaceful with HIM above and always look after you

so unfortunate that we share the same experience this past week

stay strong!

Cher said...

my sympathy and condolences to you and your family. i can feel your lost as i've just lost my grandpa this year too.

love and prayers,
cher

Edna said...

I'm sorry to hear the recent passing of your grandfather Jess. I pray that our God of love will comfort and lift you and your family in this difficult time.

F A I T H said...

I'm sure your grandpa was proud of you and I certainly hope he had been reading your blog, or at least went through the photos you took. You definitely have that traveller's gene of his.

And thanks for the reminder. One of the items on my to-do-list during my miserable 2-week term break is to visit my grandma (who is visually impaired) and bring her out for a few hours. The least I could do for her is to let her know she is still loved by many of us, the ones whom she took effort to care for when we were little. It is really not the presence, but the thought that counts.

Merryn said...

So sorry to hear bout your grandfather. My deepest Condolences. You take care jess..

Ling That's Me said...

my deepest condolences to you..

May your grandfather rest in peace

Cath J said...

Sorry to hear about your lost.

Keri Ann said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, your words are so well spoken. The way you compared life to a soap bubble was beautiful.

It is o.k. not to blog as often when we are busy with life and emotion...


~K

Natasha de Bell said...

Dear Jessica,
Deep condolences for you. Smoga opa elo uda terima Yesus sbg Juruselamat sewaktu hidupnya. Jika selama ini dia uda diinjili dan didoakan, kita tinggal percaya dg iman bahwa Tuhan menggenapi janji-Nya menyelamatkan seisi keluarga kita. Gw punya pengalaman yg sama dengan papa gw. Selama bertahun-tahun didoakan, dia terima Tuhan Yesus bbrapa bulan sebelum meninggal.

Stardust said...

Dear J, I'm so sorry to hear your loss. Must be so hard on you... I pray that the Lord will have mercy on souls and hearts that seek Him, and your prayers be heard.

I'm sure dear grandpa must have felt your love too, he knows. May the angels see to every void and instill peace in the souls of your family.

Hugs. My thoughts are with you.

Uncle Lee said...

Hi JH, regret read of your loss. My deepest sympathies to you, your family.
Our life is not a dress rehearsal, we only get to play one round....
thus, we live our lives with no excuses, love with no regrets.
Best regards, Lee.

Ebie said...

Coming by from Cher's blog. I am sorry to hear about your loss. Such lovely shots you took. And the blog posts overall is perfectly written.

Take care.

Adrine said...

May he rest in peace.

Jess, you take care..

J.H said...

After lost action in a few days, I am back! Thank you everyone for your kind wishes, I truly appreciate ever single one of them.
May the Lord repay all those sweetness you pour to me one day, someday :-)