Monday, 9 November 2009

Desaturation

oxfordshire
I recently caught a bug.
I call it a bug because it might become a bad habit, something that I should not do. While I don't exactly into monochrome photography/Black & White (I do in few instances, but generally I don't) but it just hit me "boy, I am bored with ever so saturated colourful pictures". So here it is, Sarah wearing bright red and grey woven dress with her cute hat. And I awfully decide to desaturate it to look much paler.
Worst news is, I desaturated most of my pictures this days, not just one or two! (You'll see the damage on my later post this week)
oxfordshire2
SIGH....Don't know what's happening to me...

7 comments:

Merryn said...

so far so good. i love the two photos shown.. err.. cant wait to see what u have done with the others.. hehe

Uncle Lee said...

Hello JH, beautiful pics. You're a good photographer...
and looking at the pics, the angle and height of how you snapped the shots, outstanding!
Have fun and keep well, Lee.

Stardust said...

Why not? ;)

You mean you can do that with your GIMP?

Ayie said...

your subject is great so no matter what it will turn out good!

Cher said...

the result is fantastic! have i suggested to you to make photography your profession?

J.H said...

thank you everyone! well, but I admit I must keep this "desaturation" to the limit... my husband told me it made all the people in pictures look un healthy!

J.H said...

Stardust : yes... I did this with GIMP, even though I would looove to have photoshop if someone could buy me a license hehehe