Wednesday, 17 March 2010

In EVERYTHING give thanks!

My life recently hit a rollercoaster ride. As you seen on my previous entry, my husband accepting a job in Boston Consulting Group, one of the best consulting company to work for.

"That's sounded teriffic!".

Well, if only it is in BCG London then it will all be well. Unfortunately, my husband was offered to be sent to South East Asia region as we are the native speaker there.

At one point I was relieved to see my husband had a good job, great company (most of his colleague is christian), and I will soon be able to be a mother who picks up her children from school, coaching school work and iron the laundry. At the other point I don't know what will it be like to live abroad...alone...and having only to see my husband few times a year. God does hear my prayer, only He granted 80% thereof and not 100% as I asked.

I might never comprehend why there is something I wished for that didn't come to concrete reality. But thanks be to God, through virtual world He gave me some friends that will encourage me and reminding me what He had in store for me. Here is extracted from "Love in the Loveless World". (Thank you for the author's writting, it has blesses my heart greatly).

So, how can you be thankful in AND for everything?


1. Remember that God is God... Philippians 2:13 "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure."


2. Know that God will never leave you... Hebrews 13:5 "Let your conversation be without covetuosness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."


3. Be patient... Psalm 27:14 "Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart; wait, I say, on the LORD."


4. Have faith that God will not waste your experience...Philippians 1:12 "But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel;" Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."


5. Don't dwell on the "what if's"... Mathew 6:34 "Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."


6. Remember this world is not our home... Hebrews 13:14 "For here we have no continuing city, but we seek one to come."


7. Remember thanksgiving isn't always meant to be easy; it's a sacrifice of praise. Hebrews 13:15 "By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name."


8. Pray, pray, pray... Philippians 4:6,7 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."


9. Know that God will give you what you need... II Corinthians 9:8 "And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:" Philippians 4:13, 19 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me... But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."


10. Finally, be a blessing to others, share your testimony... Hebrews 13:16 "But to do good and to communicate forget not; for with such sacrifices God is well pleased."

2008-02-16 144

6 comments:

Pastor said...

We're praying for your family during this time. It's always a blessing to be comforted by the Scriptures. I love reading the Psalm when I need some comfort from the Lord

Keri Ann said...

Jessica,

My heart aches for you. I went through a time in my life when my husband worked 2 states away and was home only once a month. I had small children and it was a very trying time in out lives. I can not imagine only seeing him a few times a year. I hope God give you strength in your trials and you can lean on your faith and knowledge of better times i the future.
{this too shall pass}

As for your photography... I think you are amazing. Be confident in yourself and your Art. Everyone has a unique eye and ability. So embrace your talent God has given you.

Have a blessed day!!

Ayie said...

we just need to see things in brighter perspective

congrats to your husband

Stardust said...

J, little I thought things could be this complicated just when I rejoiced over your good news. I'm glad that you manage to look to the Lord with thankfulness. You're a very brave lady, or should I say, the courage comes from the Lord. Surely, there're ways to make things work out. Be keeping your family in prayer.

Edna said...

Yes, it's hard to understand His working... The best we know might not be His best..Be encouraged dear sis, and hold on to His promise and love, for 'HE KNOW THE PLANS HE HAS FOR YOU, PLANS TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU, PLANS TO GIVE YOU HOPE AND A FUTURE.

Snowcatcher said...

What a beautiful picture to go with such a moving, heartfelt story. I, too, do not know or understand the reason for everything. But I am very thankful God has his eye on me. And you!