Monday, 12 April 2010

Daffodils time!

daffodil6
That's right, indeed spring time is here. From year to year daffodils has been marking the sign that spring is on the door. This year however, it got really dense because of the cold winter. Many people said that not only just daffodils, but many other type of flowers seed/bulb will "sleep" better because most of its predator are sleeping as well... after all it's too cold to stay awake!
daffodil8
I guarantee you that by the end of this post you want to see daffodils no more. Me, myself has been seeing it far too much. It grew wildly on the country side, in front of my house, on the neighbour gardens and even in 23 hectar garden of blenheim palace (you'll see it on the next post). I almost think that we are over-ruled by daffodils of all kinds.
daffodil5
Above, my son was curious how daffodils smell like. He said it was "yucky" but I am not sure he even inhale to smell anything.
daffodil3
daffodil4
daffodil
daffodil2

Without my husband, I certainly will miss taking picture just a three of us the same time next year.

daffodil7

However, I remember that this season only last 2 weeks every year. Once again the glorious yellow, white, orange once again will be swept away by heat and sleep waiting for their turn to bloom again next year.
So what lesson we can learn from this beautiful creatures? Looking at them reminded me of this...
James 1:10-12
But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away.
For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways.
Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

LOVE daffodils..kinda overdone like the tulips in Wa huh? Still gorgeous! Love the family pics...you are a beautiful person inside and out!

Have a wonderful week!

Snowcatcher said...

I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing daffodils. I've never seen a field of them, so this was enchanting! The family photos are so precious. I think you changed your banner again, too, since last week, and I love this one, too! You take some really stunning photos!

Ayie said...

one happy family with the pretty daffodils, what a happy picture!

J.H said...

@Aubrey : may I know exactly where is those tulip field located? I wanted a swap, get tired seeing only daffodils every year hahaha...
Thank you for your kind words, I am sure you are more beautiful inside out than me LOLs.

@Snowcatcher : and I never been tired looking at moutains, wild animal, sunset pictures you took, they are awesome!

@Ayie : thank you, hope you and your little baby adjusting well now :-)

Cath J said...

so heavenly beautiful..