Monday, 7 June 2010

I BELIEVE IN A HILL CALLED MOUNT CALVARY

I find this song is a great encouragement when we are on the life crossroad and things seems so heavy and burdensome.

3483458589_7971b25bdc_o

There are things as we travel this earth’s drifting sand,
That transcend all the reason of man;
But the things that matter the most in this world,
They can't ever be held in our hands.

I believe in a hill called Mount Calvary,
I'll believe whatever the cost;
And when time has surrendered,
And earth is no more;
I'll still cling to that old rugged cross.

I believe that the Christ who was slain on the cross,
Has the power to change lives today;
For He changed me completely,
A new life is mine;
That is why by the cross I will stay.

I believe in a hill called Mount Calvary,
I'll believe whatever the cost;
And when time has surrendered,
And earth is no more;
I'll still cling to that old rugged cross.

I believe that this life with its great mystery,
Surely someday, yes someday, will come to an end;
But faith will conquer the darkness and death,
And will lead me, yes lead me at last to my friends.

I believe in a hill called Mount Calvary,
I'll believe whatever the cost;
And when time has surrendered,
And earth is no more;
I'll still cling to that old rugged cross.

And when time has surrendered,
And earth is no more;
I'll still cling to that old rugged cross.

To hear the tune, click here.

4 comments:

Snowcatcher said...

This has been a manic Monday for me, and this really calmed me down. Thank you. I still just adore your banner picture, too!

Stardust said...

J, thank you for this today. Or thank the Lord for this one, when my heart is burdensome and heavy. I give whatever to Him, give my worries to the cross. Lay everything under the feet of my Saviour and believe. Thanks again, I'm blessed thru you, hugs.

HOPE said...

WONDERFUL!!!

Thank you for sharing these words!

You still amaze me with your stunning photography!

You capture it all..

God bless..sweet friend.
HOPE

J.H said...

Dear sisters :-)
Praise the Lord someone wrote this beutiful song. I was in the middle of stressful deadline, visa and housing stuff when this song emerge from my mind.
"And when time has surrendered, And earth is no more..." aren't we glad we have a great hope for tomorrow?