Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Goodbye to my house... my home...

It's been rather interesting week. First of all, thank you...thank you for all of you who had been praying for my house purchases. If the Lord willing, in a week time I'll be once again, a home owner!

When we decide we are going to make a drastic choice to move house for the sake of my boy's future and education, we both know it will be quite a faith testing journey. But we really find peace with the Lord.
Needless to say for the past 3-4 months we've seen dozens of houses, spend almost every weekends looking at prospective home. Why would we end up with a ugly repossed house at the end? it was a long story.

4 years ago, when we first bought our flat (the one we currently living on), it was by God divine intervention that we end up living here. On my human planning mind, I choose a flat nearby my workplace but somehow my mortgage was rejected. Looking back at where I am now, I would end up with smaller house and negative equity should God allow that mortgage went through. And for no obvious reason, I did not know that my current flat has a walkable distance to the city, bus and train station, have a small grocery store, landromat, and post office within 1 minute walking radius. I just say praise the Lord that He knew all these better than me.

Now, we are back on the same situation again... and of course had known the recipe for best deals - prayer, we did it again. And so, we've seen loads of house, we intend to buy a landed property with backyard so my son can enjoy his own slide and swings. We've seen many nice property, and naturally... try to put offer on what we deem as the best. But, at first instances, the property was snatched few days before we placed our offer. And then came another one, but before the day of viewing we receive a call that it was taken. Then again we waited and see another one we liked, but it was taken literraly 1 hour before we place the offer! Annoyed?? At that instance probably yes, but we quickly collect our thoughts and remind ourselves this is not yet the house God wanted us to buy.

The same story repeats a few times. Until we almost give up, then this came. A repossed house, practically one of the ugliest I've seen. But my husband said this potentially can be a great house, which much later on I can see why.

Unfortunately, for repossesed house, we had to gone through bidding/auction motion before we are entitled to be its sole owner. And as I do my research, repossesed house are normally cheaper than it's market value (of similar ugly looking house). It is cheap just because the vendor just want to get back their money quickly - thus the bidding. However, I told my husband, if the Lord has this house for us, He would not let anyone bid for it.

And the journey of faith begun.

First despite the cheap price, we decide to bargain few more thousands. They initally reject it, but later on accepted it after 1 week of many viewing but no one seem to be ready to put a concrete offer.

Then while sort out the home buyer survey, mortgage, solicitor etc, the rule of the game is, you can lost all of your money on that if someone else came with better offer before the exchange of contract. How unpleasant the waiting it was?

But after 3 weeks, we had our mortgage approved, now we just need to sort out the builders while waiting for the keys next week. Again too much of coincidence that our prospetive neighbour indeed a builder, plus... we had a church friend who is a handy man who need some work!

Last week, our attention was divided to our current house which we try to rent out. After speaking to few agents, we decide to put it up on higher market price and set up early september as move in date. The agent does said it going to take a month or two with that kind of price, so we are prepared.

Again, the Lord showed His hand is able... more able than estate agents. Merely 7 days on the rental market, the first viewing has turn up into a legal contract, and the tenant even offer higher rent for the sake of having few of our furniture. The agent said we were so lucky, we said we serve a might God!

Meanwhile, I had to say goodbye to my old home... and excitedly waiting for what the Lord has instore for me to transform the old house into my new home!

9 comments:

Snowcatcher said...

Congratulations!!! What a wonderful story. This is the same way we obtained our home, and the waiting was indeed frustrating. But faith paid off, and we have a home. Congratulations again!

betchai said...

happy for you all things work out, I admire your patience and faith. congratulations on your new home.

Stardust said...

Pats on your back dear, must have been a real hectic period for you. And more to come now with the renovation and moving out, thus in. The Lord carries your family during this transition I pray. =)

Go move with joy, cos we all know that the Lord knows the best and prepares what's best for us. The 'old house' must be miles better than many other habitats around the world, so let's give thanks. Besides, our 'home' on earth is only temporal. I'm sure with your stylish sense, you will give it a good facelift.

AG said...

Indeed, Je. If you were not staying so near to the bus terminal, I might get lost when I visited you a few years ago :D hahaha
Repossed home means unfinished house?
Moga2 suatu saat, gw bisa main2 ke sana lagi, hihihihi
Oh, and indeed, our God is a mighty God! :D

uLi.佑莉 said...

Your home is so nice! :)

Edna said...

God is so good! What a great testimony! Indeed what a mighty God we serve!

J.H said...

thanks everyone, we appreciate your prayer... the journey is still long :-)
AG : repossed house is a house own by bank because previous owner can't keep up with the mortgage payment. How sad is that?

Liss said...

Congratulation on the new house. I am sure once you move it you will make it pretty and make it your own.

Aubrey said...

enjoyed your post and the pictures...I hope you feel at "home" soon!!! God bless~