Wednesday, 11 August 2010

Please pray for my dad...

Last saturday my mom phone me up to let me know my dad need an emergency surgery. Thankfully it was not something serious like heart bypass or brain hemorrage, but rather for his Achilles muscle.

It's no surprise for me that a man his size (100kg++) broke his Achilles tendon at his 60ies. In fact the same old story already happen few years ago with his own brother. His body is to big and the muscle is too weak to support it. He definitely need to go on a diet or else he will loose another Achilles.

But my poor dad has to be hospitalise on his own for 5 days, while my mom had to go back to the village to attend the clinics (can't left the surgery back in the village with no doctor). It must be strange if you are doctor and had to be hospitalise for your own illness. On the other hand, imagining the situation makes me and my sister feel rather "useless" because we are far away and unable to offer any help.

But anyway, he making a good progress and on the way forward for recovery. Please pray for him (and... his diet).

11 comments:

Mom of M&Ms said...

I am praying for your Dadand your mom. I iknow that God is hodling htem. I pray for you to so that you find peace that God will care for you all.

Merryn said...

oh, i hope your dad recovers ASAP and well... da diet part, :D let's hope he'll stick to a good diet plan..

Snowcatcher said...

I'm so glad he went through the surgery okay. I will pray for a speedy recovery!

HOPE said...

I will be praying for your dad Jessica. I know how hard it is to be MILES apart..my children are all over the world! and when illness strikes I want so bad to hug them well. God knows..and he can heal best.

God bless you with peace and comfort..
HOPE

Aubrey said...

I'm so sorry to hear that!!! I will definitely remember your father in prayer! (((hugs)))

Cath J said...

Hope your dad will be recover soon... I nvr knew weight can cause that.. *sigh* I hve to work hard to loose weight.. :)

Ayie said...

may your dad recover quickly

my prayers be with you and your family

Stardust said...

Feel the pain for you J, to be away from loved ones when they need you most. Will pray that the Lord heals your dad soon and helps him out this period without your mom being around. Must be hard for him.

Is Indonesia celebrating National Day on 14th Aug? Happy birthday Indonesia!!

HL said...

Lifting your family up... healing for your Dad, comfort for your mom, sis, and you. Hang in there - God is our Comforter, Healer, and Counselor.
Hugs, HL
hljourney.wordpress.com

Griffin said...

The losing weight part of the equation would help tremendous! I prayed for him.

I highly recommend this site for food plan ideas:

http://www.westonaprice.org

This way he would be starving and can lose weight at the same time. :)

hiPPo said...

oh dear! i hope everything's ok for ur dad now? hugs...