Thursday, 30 September 2010

My birthday alone

Don't worry, although by all means the title sounded VERY negative... it is not!

It was my birthday few days ago, and obviously birthday girl is busy and therefore unable to blog on time :-)
It was rather different this year, for one certain reason an absence of my husband. But honestly, I hardly celebrate my own birthday this few years, and I am not bothered for not having one.

But guess what, this year I had most number of present, cards and well wishes. Many people probably feeling the emphaty if they were in my shoes - thank you so much!

So how do I survived with no husband for a week?
Actually I am doing rather good. Not saying I prefer to have this way of life - just to make clear the decision to have the family split on 2 different continent is a way to acheiving our family goal - a better future.
I managed to do quite a bit of painting, wallpapering, even screwing and patching on my own. Thanks to google! I also managed to keep the house clean, mopping, vacuuming the floor, do multiple loads of laundry, ironing, cooking and... taking care of my boy who recently got severe flu bug. I even managed to coach him on his math homework everyday. But there you go, the list never ends. In addition to that I've been busy taking him for his math tuition, to school, for his swimming lesson - mind you I still have a 9 to 5 job to do, so the day seems to end as quick as it starts.

The good thing is, I forgot to feel lonely. In fact neither of us (not me nor my son) feels the sadness. There is no time to feel sad! I am busy thinking what's to do next, what to be done tomorrow, what's missing from the fridge, what's bill is due, and moreover tomorrow my husband is off for his first day at work - I can never be more excited! And I guess the fact that both me and my son coping so well with his absence made my husband feel at peace.

I am actually very fearful that I will have "separating anxiety" will flooded over me when my husband left, afterall I build my universe around him, see him everyday, and he helped me with things around the house, what shall I do without him?
But thank God - His Grace is sufficient - I pray to him and He grant me with peace and joy, comfort and being my best companion. I find myself praising God all the time that not a drip of my tears drop as I sent my better half a sail. For that my Lord taking the credit.



*****
4744908187_5861408ca2_o
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did,
this sinful worldas it is,
not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr

9 comments:

HOPE said...

Happy Birthday Jessica...and what a joy to read of how you were blessed unexpectantly!

I'm not surprised..as you are so sweet and I'm sure have touched many lives by your gentle and submissive ways to the LORD...

Many times when I had to be separated from my husband..the LORD taught me more lessons on trusting HIM. We tend to rely so much on others..our spouses, parents etc...but the LORD is the great provider of all things..as you have found..PEACE..at such a time.

God bless you sweet friend!
HOPE

Merryn said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you and glad to know that you are emotionally very strong. Hugs :)

maria said...

dont worry, friend you are "tough" enough :)

Ayie said...

belated happy birthday!!

Sis. Tammy said...

God's grace is truly sufficient! By the way ... did I see ironing on your list of things to do???? I think maybe I was tired and wasn't seeing clearly!! LOL

Aubrey said...

Awww I wish I would've known it was your birthday!!! Happy Birthday! I love the picture! Praying for you!!! We are halfway through deployment...makes me wanna cry to think I still have five months...but God has gotten through 6 months and I know He will get me through the rest! (((hugs)))

LuxeLass said...

Very good thing is that you have your son as company. In a marriage there must be common goal to work towards. And for you and your husband, it's the family! All the best!

Stardust said...

I'm so glad that you are this complete in the Lord that you didn't feel a lonely birthday. I'm sure your better half's thoughts are with you and that keeps your spirit going. Surely, the Lord holds your family together despite the seas. Is he coming home soon? Take care while I trust God to dwell in your house and look after you.

coffeesncookies said...

Happy Belated Bday Jessica !
Sometimes a sacrifice is necessary for the betterment of the future. Think positive, feel positive and things will work in your favor!
Cheers .