Yes, it was our 7th anniversary!
And this year, unlike many other years whereby it celebrated by fancy dinner, we decide to do something - just the two of us, but quite different.
We decide to hired a big van - something that my husband had never drive.
We went picking up some ebay bargain furnitur - just saves us hundreds of ££.
We went to pick up our son in a van! - He was soooo thrilled, he thinks his dad is cool. I really can't forget the big grin on his face as he sat in the van.
We went to IKEA for dinner and shopping some furniture.
We move our furniture up till 12 midnight.
On the way home, grab some macDonald and coke, then went to bed :-)
Apparently, both of us really enjoy it. We had a great "team building" time!
I must admit I have a big problem going for fancy dinner.
1. Normally dinner starts pretty late, at 7 or so... I am already dead hungry.
2. When I am hungry I can't think, and normally fancy dinner chef is rather slow... well, they are meant to be slow so you can enjoy the ambience - that's what your are paying for.
3. Sadly most fancy dinner size is about a pea on the middle of humongous plate.
4. I can sweep the dinner within 10 minutes of its arrival, due to hunger.
5. Can't stop thinking about my son with someone else.
6. As a result, after a total of 1 hour of waiting and only spending 20 minutes or so to eat, we left with huge bill and... still grumbling tummy. End up buying macDonald to fill the gap.
This year, I spend more money on my anniversary but that translate to 3 wardrobes and a dining table. Definetely will do it again next year!