Monday, 8 November 2010

Love one another

For this past few weeks both me and my husband has been exchanging stories about our colleagues. There is not much interesting story on my side, I guess as engineer; life is pretty... stagnant and predictable.

However, his office is very different to mine. Working long hours, hang out with other high performer colleague, no work/life balance and high pay in relatively young crowds is a good recipe to... unfaithfullness - in some married man/woman.

I have to say I am very fortunate that it's not me who kept my husband faithful, but someone much more powerful than me - the Lord Jesus.

So, I found this prayer in website, and may this be a blessing to all of you.


Lord, be in this marriage
In a special way,
May we feel Your presence
Each and every day.

Grant us both good humor
To surpass our coming years;
May there always be much laughter,
May there always be less tears.

Give us strength and courage
To follow in Your will,
To trust You in the valley
As we do upon the hill.

Give us both the eyes of love
So we'll always see
The goodness in each other,
Secure us, Lord, in Thee.

Give us words of kindness, Lord,
Help us both to live
So our lips are ever quick
In saying, "I forgive."

Give us hearts that beat as one,
Bind us ever near;
May our love grow deeper, Lord,
With each passing year.

Lord, be in this marriage,
Keep our love brand new;
May we love each other, Lord,
The same way that *You* do.

--Connie

"What therefore God hath joined together,
let not man put asunder."
(Matthew 19:6b, KJV)

4 comments:

HOPE said...

as you told me..PREACH IT SISTER!

A wonderful poem...and I too am very fortunate to have a FAITHFUL husband in both marriage and serving the LORD. I just told him the other day..THANK YOU for both.

Your family is so precious! I will still be following you even though I won't be posting..for some time.

I so hope my daughter gets to visit you...maybe ME too if I get over there.

Love and hugs
HOPE

Stardust said...

J, I'm most certain it's God that has binded you both and still fastening you close. Bless this marriage that honors Him. Your trusting presence is such an encouragement to your husband.

It's hard, but our Pastor in church has passed away. Heard your Pastor ain't doing good too, may the Lord's compassion be upon all. Please pray for my pastor's family too they'll be comforted.

Aubrey said...

Lovely Prayer! I could not imagine my marriage without Jesus Christ! He is definitely our Rock!

Elaine McD. said...

I love this poem!
I am Jack's Mom. :-)