Sunday, 2 January 2011

Goodbye - my way to welcome 2011

It is 01.01.2011.

For many people, new year is associated with togetherness, happiness, and welcoming new chapter in their life.
As for me (read : us), 2011 start of rather differently.

It started with a "goodbye".
It was the last day of our stay in Istanbul. It was the last day that I and my boy will see my husband for another 3 month.

No doubt it was a hard day - after 10 days together - but nonetheless, I can feel a sense of relief in my heart. I know for the past 15 weeks as a single parent the Lord has guide me through, and He does not even let a single tear drop from my eyes. So I know He will enables me to hold on for the next 3 month.

So at the departure gate in Ataturk Airport. We hugged. My son enjoyed his last 1 minute big cuddle. We whispers a little prayer and well wishes.
And then we parted.
Me and my son watched as his plane took off from our waiting room as we are waiting for the flight back to London. My son waves his hand enthusiastically as the plane speed up, leaving dust and zap to the air.

Tonight, I flipped through 700 pictures we took while we are in Istanbul. I saw a lot of smiles, laughters, funny faces, silly pose, and it just warms my heart and soul.

Thank you Lord, for giving me a family.
Although we might not be together in flesh, but we are always remember each other in our mind, heart and prayer. We are one in the Lord.

Wish everyone a great new year of 2011. May this year brought you a lot of happiness and joy. Love and peace.

galata2

galata

4 comments:

Mom of M&Ms said...

Those pictures are gorgeous and I cna not wait to see more. Your entire family is in my prayers and I lift you three up each morning.

I would lov eto be apart of your wallpaper.. let me know how I can contribute!

CathJ said...

Happy new year to you and family Jess..

Marfa said...

Wishing you and your family all the best in London...happy 2011! Those are some precious photos...feeding the pigeons in Istanbul.

The Loveless Family said...

My heart is praying for you and your husband. With my husband being in the ministry and living in the church building, we are blessed to spend a lot of time together. I cannot imagine what it would be like without him. Your faith in God's plan is an encouragement. God bless.